In the crazy world in which we live, a blog looking to make sense of it all.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Where Were These People 20 Years Ago?

Paul Gordon writes in today's Peoria Journal Star about a new Peoria start up venture called DTK LLC. DTK is about to market a product called After Hours, or referred to as AH. AH is the long, awaited substance to cure and/or prevent hangovers. I could have really used this about 20 some years ago when I was in college.

The idea came to Tom "Mote" Pemble, the CEO of DTK, while he was a graduate student and a certain professor explained the mix of vitamins and minerals that need to be replentished after a hard night of drinking. So while the rest of us only dreamed of this miracle cure, Pemble was out there making it happen.

AH contains Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, electrolytes and some caffeine. Peoria-investor Alexis Khazzam is reported to be the largest investor in DTK and says he knew from the start that this product would be a big seller. No sh*t. You can count every January 1, March 18, Nov 1 and of course the holidays to be big selling opportunities. Not to mention Mondays after the Super Bowl and countless bachelor and bachelorette parties.

I'm impressed of what I've seen of the marketing of this product so far. "After Hours" is a good brand name. There are 2 flavors, Last Call Lemon and Bedtime Berry (not so sure about the name of the later). AH will sell for $2 a bottle which seems to me to be a good and competitive price.

Common Sense of it All: As long as there are people who drink, yours truly included, there will be a market for this product. I wish DTK the best (BTW, any chance I can get in on the action?).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a taste of this stuff and it's not that bad at all. Although, I still think a Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese, still is awesome for a hangover.

June 30, 2006 10:19 AM

 
Blogger Common Sense Dude said...

Oh yeah. That and wash it down with a large Diet Coke. That's how I usually got through my hangovers on many a Friday/Saturday/Sunday mornings.

June 30, 2006 12:19 PM

 
Blogger Chef Kevin said...

I guess I have the benefit of a sister who is a dietician and another who is a pharmacist. Plus, being a chef and knowing what is in certain food and beverages doesn't hurt. What, how and when you eat and drink (plus over the counter drugs) can significantly cut back or eliminate hangovers. I know if I'm in for a serious night of "adult beverage" consumption, I follow a certain ritual and well, I don't get hangovers or only little ones. Actually, I wrote a paper on it for culinary school.

July 02, 2006 2:08 PM

 
Blogger Laura Petelle said...

oh my god, yes. Greasy McFood cures all hangover ills and some stomach bugs. :D

July 03, 2006 10:53 AM

 
Blogger PeoriaIllinoisan said...

Some AH would've come in handy yesterday after a long night of fireworks and fun.

July 06, 2006 12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home