In the crazy world in which we live, a blog looking to make sense of it all.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

What Happened?

One of my posts, titled Hynes & Russell Get It Right, just up and went missing. As if it became lost in the Blogger Triangle. So far I haven't had any trouble with Blogger, until now.

Anyway, the post delt with Illinois Comptroller Dan Hynes and 96th Senate candidate Ernie Russell making the right call regaring the state's budget woes and holding the line on taxes until our lawmakers can display some fiscal discipline.

And one last thing; I was just reading my last post and I thought I came off a little hard on our new, Senator-elect Dave Koehler. I didn't mean to be. I just wanted to express that during the campaign, it always seemed that Koehler couldn't make a move unless he was with Shadid or got his approval. Shadid was a strong supporter of Koehler, but it just looked a little too much. However, I applaud Koehler for running a positive and clean campaign.

On the other hand, I'm still a bit concerned regarding the campaign money. Anytime a campaign is funded almost exclusively from one interest group or groups with similar viewpoints, it usually turns out that that politician will have to pay them back with influence and favors for "buying" their seat. Bill Spears tried to make this argument about Arron Shock with Ameren's rate increase. But we'll see. I wish Dave Koehler the best of luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Lenin, Votes like Lenin.

November 09, 2006 9:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koehler's "clean" campaign would've been much more meaningful had he not spent so much time talking about how "clean" his campaign was. It's like charity - it isn't isn't charity if charity is performed for your own benefit. Moreover, it's easy to run a "clean" campaign when you have nothing to run against....

November 14, 2006 12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home