In the crazy world in which we live, a blog looking to make sense of it all.

Friday, December 08, 2006

What If?

This might be a fun post to think about. What if the time is early 2007 and a blogger bash occurred in Peoria. Many bloggers got the word out that they would run for city council. The elections came around and astonishingly, all city council members with exception to Gary Sandburg were voted out, including the mayor, and the following were voted in (I don't know where anyone lives, so my apologies if I have you in the wrong district):

1st District - Willy Nilly
2nd District - Peoria Illinoisan
3rd District - CJ Summers
4th District - Scott Janz
5th District - Polly Peoria
At-Large - Scott O'Brian
At-Large - Emtronics
At-Large - Chef Kevin
At-Large - Vonster
Mayor - Billy Dennis

The Common Sense Dude didn't get his petition in on time and Vonster beat him out. Better luck next time.

Now, what do we do? Where are our priorities to run this fine city of ours? What steps do we take to make things better?

I would start with tackling the crime problem. Though to get more cops on the beat, the budget may have to be dealt with. Let the real blogger bash begin!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chef Kevin said...

I live in the third. Except for not voting against the garbage tax, I have no issues with Bob Manning...he would still get my vote. Personally, I think we should import my mother from East Peoria and let her have a dictatorship. As an ultra conservative, she would make David Spade in the Captial One commercials sound like a "yes" man.

December 09, 2006 1:06 AM

 
Blogger Common Sense Dude said...

Kevin,

Let get your Mom over here! That might cause a problem with Scott O'Brian and a couple of others with her being an "ultra conservative," but hey, if things get done...

December 09, 2006 10:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way. O'Brien would rail endlessly about free speech whilst trying to shout me down every time I spoke. '-)

December 11, 2006 11:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the point here is that some of us could do a better job than some of the Council Members now. It was fun to read however.

December 13, 2006 10:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA, Billy lives in a trailor!

December 14, 2006 4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I be mayor of Pekin? LoL

December 30, 2006 1:29 AM

 
Blogger Billy Dennis said...

It's spelled "trailer" and it's not a trailer, it's a mobile home. And Peoria doesn't allow mobile homes, much to the city's loss, in my humble opinion.

December 30, 2006 3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home